Friday, February 4, 2011

White people like Blues.

Just wait, you'll see. They clap and smile and even tap their feet. It might look funny, but blues men like Otis here loved it. Imagine, for the first time you're not playing to a hooting, drunk, dancing crowd. Just a bunch of white folks sitting around listening to what you've got.
This is a scene from the American Folk Blues festival DVD (although I'm not sure which years), and if you've never seen it, I suggest you hit up your local library and see if they have a copy; if not, just youtube it. This is actually a German documentary, and for years great Blues men and women toured Europe, loving the quite crowds they were able to play for.

This is my attempt at sharing blues with you. I will do my best to keep my selection fresh and frequent. If I fall behind I apologize, but sometimes Math. is a bitch and won't let me do fun things.

No comments:

Post a Comment