Saturday, February 19, 2011

Let me Holler at ya!

Ok, so today is not a blues album day. While the band involved is The Black Keys, whom I consider to be a wonderful comtemporary blues-rock band, the album is Blakroc, a collaboration of The Keys and several big name hip hoppers.

This is the sickest picture in existence.

The collaboration occurred after Damon Dash started listening to the keys and they became one of this favorite bands. The album features the Akron-based Black Keys with Mos Def, Ludacris, Pharoahe Monch, RZA, Raekwon, ODB, Jim Jones, Q-Tip, and several others. It's a cool joint, and I recommend you give it a listen, whether or not you like hip-hop. I don't think this is the best song on the album, but Mos Def is an awesome guy, and so I wanted to post it and let you know he's awesome, I give you "On the Vista," by Blakroc featuring Mos Def:



This shit is fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment