Friday, February 18, 2011

Dan Auerbach

So today I have something in a little different direction for y'ins. Many of you, I'm sure, are familiar with the Black Keys, and how awesome they are. Today I feature the solo recordings of Dan Auerbach, the Guitarist and vocalist for the Keys. His album isn't necessarily as bluesy as the band's stuff, but I really dig it, especially the two songs I have for you. I'm sure the Black Keys will be posted at some point, as I think they make some great contemporary blues-rock, but today is all about Mr. Auerbach, and just how badass one man can be.

What a rockin' Mo Fo.


Auerbach is from Akron, Ohio, and for a dude from such an odd place he knows how to rock. He's been in a number of bands, starting with a group known as the Barnburners, then moving through a couple other small groups before hitting his stride with the Black Keys. I have two songs for you to sample, and then an album for you to download. Check it out, it is a really nice album, and a lot of the stuff is reminiscent of the Keys.

First is a tune called "Mean Monsoon," a song which I love, probably my favorite from the album:



And next is "I Want Some More," something a little more bluesy and a lot more rockin':



And finally, Keep It Hid

No comments:

Post a Comment