Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Saxophone Bluesin'

So Today I wanted to post a type of blues that gets a little less attention than I think it should. I played the saxophone in high school, and as much as I regret it, I have since fallen off the wagon and not touched the thing in years. Hopefully my hands will someday find their way back to it, but listening to a little Eddie "Cleanhead"Vinson in the meantime won't hurt, anyways.

Play it Cleanhead!

Eddie gets his nickname "Cleanhead" after a hair strengthening product containing too much lye accidentally destroyed all of his hair. His blues are a contrast to the usual Chicago blues I have featured. He is Texan, and his style more closely resembles other Texans; Stevie Ray Vaughn, T-Bone, and other greats. He has also toured and performed extensively with Jazz greats, including Count Basie. Today I have his number, "Juice Head Baby," a sweet song about dealing with the fact that your baby is an alcoholic.




Cherry Red

No comments:

Post a Comment