Monday, February 7, 2011

Good Time Blues

Sometimes I worry that everyone thinks all blues is so sad they don't even want to try to like it. But one should never forget that, in fact, a lot of blues is very funny. And the most comical always has to do with the same thing: sex. Today we have Willie Dixon and Memphis Slim(Piano) performing "Built For Comfort:"





This song is quite fitting for Willie, being about 6' 5'' and above 250lbs, he was a big man to say the least. Willie is not only a great blues bassist and vocalist, he was one of the most prolific songwriters in Blues History, and was integral in the creation of Chicago Blues. Willie has a number of great songs, one of my favorite is "Sittin' and Cryin' the Blues," but with a bunch of studying this weekend and a couple tests this week, I needed a fun, easy pick-me-up this morning, and here it was. I don't think I need to say much more about Willie, as I'm sure we'll revisit him in the future. So for now, just enjoy!

Download the album here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment