Monday, April 11, 2011

Do You Hear?

So Today we come back to some authentic blues. I've been talking about jazz and other nonsense too long, and I know that it is high time I put something on here that really brings us back to that great blues sound. I found just that. Carey Bell is a prime example of a bluesman. Born in Mississippi, his family was too poor to afford the saxophone he wanted, so they bought him a harmonica instead. Soon he was interested in the music of Little Walter, and both Sonny Boy Williamsons. He was quite proficient at an early age, and became a fantastic harpist in the same tradition that he grew up listening to.

Today's tune is "Do You Hear?," it is more laid back and a little mellower than most of the true blues numbers I've posted, but I really dig it, and the harp featured is great. So listen to it and jam. I've got the album for you down there below. I've got a bunch of Bell's Albums and they are sure to be featured later on, too.




Second Nature

No comments:

Post a Comment