Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Time to Confess

So I know it's been a while. I apologize, but I have been trying to study for a few exams, just started teaching some summer students, and have been jamming to my new stereo. That's right, I got a sick receiver and have been blastin' great tunes ever since!

If you're interested I got a Harman Kardon HK-3490 3 channel receiver. Right now it's just hooked up to a pair of my buddies speakers until I can save some extra money to buy new ones. But...the sound is insane. This is my unabashed, shameless endorsement of this receiver. It is so clear, and loud, and wonderful. I am hearing new things in the music I've been listening to for years. If you're ever in the market for a stereo, check this one out; you won't regret it!

Now, on to some music. Today I have a wonderful Rolling Stones number. I think people group blues so closely with the American South that they forget these Brits put out some great blues tunes. This soneg "Confessin' the Blues" is arguably the best British blues cover of all time (although we will hear many, many more..Eric Clapton and John Mayall anyone?).



With Mick Jagger on Vocals (duh!?), Keith Richards on Guitar, Bill Wyman on Bass, and the rest of the Stones, what's not to love. The song was written by Jay McShann and Walter Brown and is a blues standard. This is off the album 12 x 5, and I recommend you all check it out below!


And Here is the Album! (12 x 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment